Monday, August 11, 2014

Kimono? More Like Kimo-YES!

First off let me say that my friend came up with that title, and I am not responsible for any groaning and/or falling out of chairs that may result. :)

If there's one trend that's really been hot this summer, it's definitely the kimono. From celebs to fashion bloggers, everyone's enamored with the easy breezy boho look and throwing on a kimono is the cherry on top.

I recently went to Fashion Q and picked up my first kimono. If you follow me on Instagram you know I couldn't wait to style it and put something together.

I got the Love crop top from Fashion Q too and I love how the floral pattern almost matches exactly. I paired it with fringe shorts from Bloom and a fringe purse from Target to complete the look.

When I actually wore this out, I decided to wear sheer black tights and black heeled oxfords to add a different kind of edge to it.


I get my pose ideas from Lily Munster. And I love it.

Of course I needed to match the pattern on my nails too, so I did floral accent nails. I mentioned in my last post how much I loved my black half moon stiletto nails so I did them again, although my nails still haven't grown out as much.

The black is (of course!) Wet N' Wild - Black Creme. The roses are a mix of Wet N' Wild - Tickled Pink, Sinful Colors - Bianca, Sinful Colors - Snow Me White, Sinful Colors - Happy Ending, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Espresso.

I can't end this post without a picture of my cousin and I. This was the last time seeing her for the summer so we took a lot of pics.

I hope you're all having a summer filled with making good memories and rockin cute nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and usually reply back. Don't be shy! ;]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...