Sunday, November 25, 2012

O.P.I. - Brand New Skates AKA My First O.P.I.

Hey guys! Hope you all had a good holiday this week! Some of yall might have noticed a trend in polish brands on here... most of my polishes are drugstore brands. I own two China Glazes and they're the only salon polishes I have.

Up until a few months ago. I can finally say I'm the proud owner of an O.P.I. and I love it.


Look, see! Holo flecks!

I was at Target looking at polish and noticed they have O.P.I. now. I picked up a pretty pink and I was surprised to see it was Sparrow Me The Drama from The Pirates Of The Carribean collection.

On a whim I started picking up bottles to look at the names and see if there were any I've seen on blogs and guess what? Most were LE polishes from old collections! Behind a few bottles I found Brand New Skates and I thought I'd seen it online before. 8 bucks or not, I decided to splurge. It's from their 2008 holiday collection called Holiday In Toyland.

I won't bore you with swatches cause it's a 4 year old polish, HTF, and there's already a million swatches out there I'm sure. :] But I'll post a couple manis I did using it so you can see how it looks layered.

First up, here's my right hand that I never posted when I did my Gumby nails. I did my ring finger to look like the red and green checkerboard at the beginning of each Gumby episode but I didn't feel like finishing it. I layered Brand New Skates over the white that I had on my other nails.

This next one was the first manicure I did after I was sick. I had the idea in my head and couldn't wait to try it, especially since my nails were naked and had time to grow out. Then I broke a corner off one. I decided to round them out. I've only ever done this shape once before, I tried to copy some girl's nails that I saw in the video for Kirko Bangz - Drank In My Cup. This was also my first try at freehand leopard print using a dotting tool.


The grey is a Love & Beauty polish and the black is my trusty Wet N' Wild Black Creme.

I'm glad I picked this up when I got the chance. It's a bit sheer, but it's gorgeous on it's own and it's awesome for layering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and usually reply back. Don't be shy! ;]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...