Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring Watercolors

Hey loves! I did my nails for a party. I decided I wanted to try out the watercolor technique. I like to match my nails somewhat to whatever I'm wearing so I used a base color of Wet N Wild - Sugar Coat and picked my watercolor colors to match some of the floral pattern in my dress. I think these ended up almost looking like a floral pattern themselves, don't you think?

Interested in the watercolor technique? It's SUPER easy.
1. ) Paint your base color, then paint over that with a thick coat of clear topcoat. This is to protect the base from the acetone you'll be using to create the watercolor look.
2.) Next pick your watercolor polish colors. Dot your first color on in a few spots, dip a brush in acetone nail polish remover and tap the dots of color to thin them out and swirl them around. You don't have to wait for the polish to dry before you begin swirling.
3.) When you're satisfied, do your next color. Don't swirl the second color too much, you don't want to cover up the first too much! Continue on with as many colors as you like!

I really loved these nails so you guys get picspam. I took a lot of pics with my dress fabric, with both flash on and off, and some in sunlight. Night parties don't offer good outdoor lighting for pictures. :)























I used:
Wet N' Wild - Sugar Coat
Love & Beauty - Bubblegum
Sinful Colors - Irish Green
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Clearly Quick

I hope you guys are all having a great holiday weekend so far! I've got an outfit & FOTD post from that night coming up & of course EASTER nails. I still haven't decided if I'm going to go all out and paint Easter designs or what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and usually reply back. Don't be shy! ;]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...