Tuesday, September 18, 2012

LDTTWC - Day 3: I Remember When...

Hey guys! Today is Day 3 of Neverland Nail Blog's Let's Do The Time Warp Challenge, and the theme is I Remember When...


The funny thing is, I had the most trouble coming up with an idea for this one. I mean, you can do a design based on any special event in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD or your own personal one. This has gotta be the most open ended day of the challenge and it stumped me!

I finally decided to do a design in honor of my Grandma, and her 83rd birthday party. We threw her an awesome luau in her backyard, and it ended up being her last birthday with us. It will forever be a special memory I have. These nails are based on the design of the dress I wore. This is the one theme day where I KNOW nobody will have chosen the exact same thing!


I used:
Sinful Colors - Bianca
Wet N' Wild Wild Shine - French White Creme
Wet N' Wild Wild Shine - Black Creme
L.A. Colors Art Deco Stripers - Hot Pink
L.A. Colors Art Deco Stripers - Red
L.A. Colors Art Deco Stripers - Black

I also used a video from that day as inspiration. I remember walking around taking video of everything, even the food, and I'm glad I soaked up as much of that day as possible. Except since I was behind the camera and busy with that, there's no pictures of me from that day that I know of. To add to it, both my black striper AND my regular black polish have gotten thick. This will do, especially since I totally didn't even want to attempt to accurately redo that pattern, haha.


I honed my rap skills in my Grandma's yard over the years, and as you can see behind me, my uncles had their instruments there too and played. These family parties are what I miss so much about my Grandma's house and why the memory of that day will always hold a special place in my heart! :]

10 comments:

  1. I love that this looks three dimensional- very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm trying to practice my nail art and make it look more 3D and somewhat realistic!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet story and your nails look beautiful. I love the framed mani, I think it looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it too, I might try another framed mani like this again!

      Delete
  3. I love that your event was so special to you. Your grandma would be so proud, your nails are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! The cool thing about my Grandma is that I think she'd be proud of whatever her grandkids did, no matter what it was haha. I'm glad you liked the post!

      Delete
  4. I love your choice of theme, it makes me miss my grandma.
    great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I know how you feel, I miss mine whenever I hear or see anything about grandmas.

      Delete
  5. I like it. Since we could choose a personal event, I thought that would not only be more of a challenge, but produce more unique designs. I love yours, the framing idea, and the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I agree with you about the designs being more unique.

      Delete

I love comments and usually reply back. Don't be shy! ;]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...