Thursday, September 13, 2012

Liebster Award

Hey guys! I'm excited cause I was nominated by the lovely Erin over at Hand-y Feats and Other Treats for the Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is given to bloggers who have under 200 followers, which is so awesome. I'm sure all aspiring bloggers can tell you, it's not always easy to get the word out.

Thanks so much Erin! Guys go check her blog out, not only is her nail art amazing but she's doing 3, yes THREE nail art challenges at once, including the 31 Day Challenge. That deserves some MAD props!

So here’s how it works:
  1.  The recipient must post 11 fun fact about themselves
  2.  The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver
  3.   The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer
  4.  These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award
  5.  They will in turn pass the award to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver.)
Click the jump to read my facts and answers!
11 Fun Facts About Me:
  1. I rap. If I were being studied in a nature documentary, like the honey badger video, the crosshairs on my punchlines would be listed as my biggest defense ;]
  2. I'm really shy in real life. I am the socially-awkward penguin they were talking about when they invented the socially-awkward penguin meme. But when I perform, I have no problems at all and I joke around and talk to the audience. Funny ain't it?
  3. I love The Sims, I've played all the different versions and now play The Sims 3.
  4. I'm an animal lover.
  5. When I was a kid I was an extra in a KoRn video that was directed by Fred Durst. The song that the video was for ("Falling Away From Me") is sampled in the beat I used for my Hunger Games rap. I feel like that was some Oprah full circle moment or something.
  6. I'm half Dutch-Indonesian and half French. Indonesian food is the best food that most people haven't ever tried, trust me!
  7. I love the hip hop group Slaughterhouse, but I'm not a bandwagon jumper. I've followed the ups (and downs) of most of the member's careers for years. They're finally getting the shine they deserve and their perseverance is a big inspiration to me.
  8. I come from a huge family. If you've read my blog for awhile you'll know I'm super close with one of my cousins.
  9. My best friend lives in Alaska.
  10. I love to bake and make desserts, but I don't really ever do.
  11. I don't actually own any proper nail art supplies. I have a couple kids art supply brushes and usually I just use a toothpick.
Erin's 11 Questions For Me:
  1. What made you decide to start blogging?
  2. ~ I just wanted a way to document my manicures, since they chip so fast and there's nothing to look back on once you take it off.
  3. Where do you find inspiration? 
  4. ~ Everywhere. I did my blood splatter nails inspired by my favorite hip hop group. And I've got pictures of bikinis at Target on my phone just because I liked the patterns.
  5. What is your favorite finish of polish?
  6. ~ Cremes! I think you get more bang for your buck because it's easy to layer a glitter, shimmer, or flakie over it to get a different look!
  7. What is your absolute favorite nail polish? If you can't pick just one, what is your favorite color of nail polish?
  8. ~ I'm quite fond of Wet N' Wild - I Need A Refresh-mint, even though I usually like pinks.
  9. What is a nail design you just can't stand?
  10. ~ Umm. Really nothing haha. I'm not crazy about caviar manicures, or anything with alotta 3D stuff on myself. On others it's cool to look at, but on me, I can just picture that stuff falling off into my food or something.
  11. What is your favorite brand of polish? 
  12. ~ Honestly, I don't really have one. Wet N' Wild does some pretty cool LE collections though!
  13. What nail art technique have you really wanted to try but haven't yet?
  14. ~ Ikat nails!
  15. What shape are your nails? Is there a shape you haven't tried but would like to? 
  16. ~ Usually just square. I'd like to try some really thin stilettos.
  17. What other hobbies do you have?
  18. ~ Rapping, writing. Is watching TV a hobby?
  19. What is your favorite holiday and why?
  20. ~ Halloween! I love Fall in general and I like the fact it's one day a year when you can be wild and crazy with your makeup and clothes and it's ok. I love the makeup collections that come out.
  21. A giant boulder is headed straight for your polish collection and you only have time to grab 5 polishes, which ones would you save?
  22. ~ Wow good question lol.
    China Glaze - Millenium
    Sally Hansen - Hidden Treasure
    Sally Hansen - Pumpkin Spice
    My two Pumpkin polishes and my one Snowman polish.
    Ok I know that's 6 BUT I keep the Pumpkins and Snowman together, I think I could snag them all quick enough! (can you tell I don't own many LE or HTF polishes?)
11 Questions for my blogger picks: 
  1. When did you first start noticing nail polish?
  2. What is it about nail polish that draws you in?
  3. What's your favorite current nail art technique?
  4. What other things are you interested in?
  5. If you could create a polish, what color would it be and what would you name it?
  6. Is there a polish you think is underrated in the blog world?
  7. What's your favorite TV show?
  8. What's your favorite tip or trick when it comes to your nails?
  9. Do you collect anything besides polish? 
  10. What's your favorite time of year?
  11. What's the crown jewel of your collection?
And here are 11 lovely blogs that I'd like to give this award to:
  1. cats-n-nails
  2. Never Mind Suzi
  3. No Holos! Frankens and Nail Art Blog 
  4. Nail Polish Creations 
  5. Frenchie's Fairyland 
  6. Valiantly Varnished 
  7. Lacquer Lockdown 
  8. Economy Nails
  9. my pretty paints
  10. Kitties&Polish 
  11. Nailing Nail Art
I found a lot of great new blogs while doing this. If you've read through this entire thing, well congratulations, I'd like to give you a cookie. I should note that I've read if you receive the badge, you're supposed to display it on your blog to show it off! This was fun but took a lot longer than I expected lol.

Thanks again to Erin, I've seen this badge going around and I'm happy to have received it too!

1 comment:

I love comments and usually reply back. Don't be shy! ;]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...