Monday, September 24, 2012

LDTTWC - Day 5: "We Can Do It!"

Dang man, are we really over the halfway point of this challenge already? Today is Day 5: "We Can Do It!" and this theme's nails are inspired by an influential woman in history.


I decided to continue with my nostalgic comedy route and go with Lucille Ball. As far as female comedians go, she paved the way for many. When it comes to physical comedy? She's the best hands down.

I was inspired by some nails I saw on Instagram, a design where the ring finger had a top lip painted on it and the thumb had the bottom lip. I don't know now who did it cause I saw it on my follower's activity tab and when I went back to look for it, it wasn't there anymore. But let's be real: it's Instagram, it was probably a repost anyways!

So I went with that and then did eyes and hair, red of course. CLEARLY this is meant to be a cartoony interpretation of Lucille Ball. ;]


I used:
Santee - Light Nude
Love & Beauty - Red
L.A. Colors Art Deco Striper -Red
L.A. Colors Art Deco Striper - Black
L.A. Colors Art Deco Striper - White
Wet N' Wild Wild Shine - Black Creme
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Mango Motion

I was going to pair the faces with some old fashioned half moons but I decided to add a lil sumptin sumptin by painting inside the hole reinforcement sticker.

Anyone got any recommendations for a good nail polish thinner? I think I'm gonna go get the Orly one, but I'm gonna be honest, it's the only brand of thinner that I've seen in stores. Any good recs or tips would be appreciated!

12 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love Lucy! I used to watch that show all the time, my fave of course is the one when she works at a chocolate factory and when she gets drunk off vitametavegiman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny how the thumb and ringfinger match!
    BTW, ive joined the 10 weeks of nail art because ive got asked by Judith @ Weheartnailpolish

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative. Who doesn't love some Lucille Ball?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Lucy was so hilarious! She definitely inspires me. I try to be funny all the time and I catch myself doing her whine :D You have the best ideas! Your nails came out really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I had a kinda craptastic day so your comment made me smile. :]

      No lie I used to have a cat who could do her whine haha.

      Delete
  5. So cool, I love the inspiration behind it! I especially love how her lips match up with your thumbnail. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and usually reply back. Don't be shy! ;]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...