Thursday, September 27, 2012

LDTTWC - Day 6: They Sure Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To!

Hey! We're already up to Day 6: "They Sure Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To!" of The Let's Do The Time Warp Challenge and today's theme is a design inspired by a classic toy or game. This is another one that I KNEW what I was gonna do on the first day that I read about the challenge!


GUMBY!

Image Source
Now halfway through this, I completely just wanted to stop. Long story short I'm either catching cold or having allergies and I'm annoyed on top of it. Thus, I only did my left hand and didn't finish my right. Isn't that image above cute though? It kinda puts me in a better mood.

I know some of you might be saying "Brigitte, the nostalgic movie theme day was last week!" but if y'all didn't have a rubber Gumby as a kid, you were a deprived child! Ok not really, but rubber Gumby and Pokey toys have been around since forever and TO THIS DAY I still see them in novelty stores.

I've got Gumby on my thumb, his pony Pokey, The Blockheads, Prickle, and Goo.

Here's a better pic of my thumb:
I used a bunch of different polishes for this, so if you wanna know anything, just ask!

Here's a pic with all the characters in it. It's actually a Google logo from last year, put up on Gumby creator Art Clokey's 90th birthday:
Image Source
My cousin and I used to LOVE Gumby and we had a tape of a whole bunch of episodes when we were kids. And you know what? They still show Gumby real early on Saturday mornings on the METV channel. It's funny watching them again.

Well that's about it, I'm off to go get some zZzZz. See you guys next post!

12 comments:

I love comments and usually reply back. Don't be shy! ;]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...