Monday, September 10, 2012

Let's Do The Time Warp Challenge - Day 1

Hey guys! I'm excited to announce that I'm doing the Let's Do The Time Warp Challenge over at Neverland Nail blog. I'm SO excited about this challenge because I love vintage.


Today is Day 1: I should have been born in... and I've got some groovy 70's nail art to show.

Now I should include some sort of explanation for why I chose the 70's, right? Three reasons:
1.) I love the 20's, 30's, and 40's and I didn't want everyday of the challenge to be about them so I chose something different!
2.) Most of my favorite rappers were born in the 70's.
3.) The patterns man, the patterns!

These nails were inspired by tie dye, flower power, lava lamps, and leather fringe vests, and I wanted each to look like some crazy pattern that would fit in as the backdrop on That 70's Show (remember the lil transitions with the characters dancing or swinging or whatever?)

I used:
Wet N' Wild Wild Shine - French White Creme (base on every nail)
Sinful Colors - Ruby Ruby
Wet N' Wild Wild Shine - Sunny Side Up
L.A. Girl  Disco Brites - Psychedelic
Sinful Colors - Irish Green
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Brisk Blue
Wet N' Wild Wild Shine - Tickled Pink
Kleancolor - Pastel Blue
Wet N' Wild Spoiled - Show Me Some Skin
Revlon - Espresso

That's all! I'll be back later this week with Day 2!

6 comments:

  1. That's so wicked. I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so awesome, I did the 70s too! :)

    I nominated you for the Liebster award! Use the link to learn more about it!

    http://hand-yfeatsandothertreats.blogspot.com/2012/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and usually reply back. Don't be shy! ;]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...