Friday, September 12, 2014

#31DC2014 - Day 12: Stripes

I have a fascination with everything vintage, retro, etc. There's something about the hair, makeup, and the cars from yesteryear that just have so much style.

That said, I've always loved the pinstripe suit and fedora. Maybe in today's times this look is more associated with pimps, but man do I think men back in the day looked classy rockin it.

That was the inspiration behind these nails. Simple yet sophisticated.

I've been trying out techniques during this challenge, so I used striping tape for the first time. So much better than trying to paint straight lines.

I couldn't do these nails without one of my fedoras making its way into a picture.

Another reason I love these nails? They remind me to Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas. I was really tempted to paint a bowtie and his face but I decided not to. It's almost Halloween season, so I'm sure he'll pop up on my nails sooner or later. :)

2 comments:

  1. Aha, it is impossible to do fedora inspired nails and not get my attention :D I like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! They do match you perfectly, in your user pic, your harp strings look like tiny stripes on my monitor :)

      Delete

I love comments and usually reply back. Don't be shy! ;]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...