Saturday, September 27, 2014

#31DC2014 - Day 27: Inspired By Artwork

For today's nails, I knew what I was going to do the second that I saw a fan brush in a Fing'rs Heart 2 Art kit: Bob Ross inspired nails!

For those who don't know, Bob Ross' show "The Joy Of Painting" airs on PBS, and I've been watching it with some of my relatives for years. He always paints pine trees with a fan brush, so I decided that after years of watching, I'd try it out myself.

I think I pulled it off! Nails are quite a bit smaller than a canvas, so I couldn't do an entire scene. I started off with two coats of Kleancolor - Pastel Blue, then I sponged on Sinful Colors - Snow Me White to create some happy little clouds. I used a striper brush with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Espresso to create the tree trunks and then using the fan brush I applied Love & Beauty - Teal to create the trees. I used a Snowman Polish in green and Sinful Colors - Happy Ending to highlight the trees.

Here are my nails with a picture of Bob Ross painting his famous happy little trees. I love how he makes art easy to do for anyone.

I have to say doing these were pretty relaxing, and I'm happy with how they turned out. So if you're feeling a little stressed, don't worry, the challenge is almost over, and take this advice:

Image Source

2 comments:

I love comments and usually reply back. Don't be shy! ;]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...