Tuesday, September 9, 2014

#31DC2014 - Day 9: Rainbow Nails

I've had this day in the back of my mind for awhile now because today is the day Apple is having their special event. AKA we all know it's the day they're going to announce the iPhone 6.

I was inspired by this logo that I found here.


So I just had to do nails to celebrate the occasion especially since the rainbow theme fit so perfectly.

I kept my China Glaze - Millenium on from yesterday's nails, including the Pretty Woman Holographic Nail Art foil that I had on my ring finger. I used some of the rainbow foil from the kit for the rest of my fingers.

As you can see, I got better at applying the foil as I did more nails. Here's a little trick I learned from a youtube video: wait 2 minutes for the glue to dry.

For me at least, the longer I waited, the better the foil applied. Treat it like lash glue: the more clear and tacky it is, the better.

Here you can see the red on my thumb better. I'm so pleased with the gradient look of it.

For my apple, I started with a base of Sinful Colors - Snow Me White. The green is Sinful Colors - Irish Green, the yellow is L.A. Girl Disco Brites - Psychedelic, the orange is Wet N' Wild Wild Shine - Sunny Side Up, the red is Wet N' Wild MegaLast - I Red A Good Book, the purple is a mix of the red and Revlon - Royal, and the blue is a mix of Royal and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Brisk Blue.

Once again I found a necklace that matched my nails perfectly.

Are you excited for the iPhone 6?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and usually reply back. Don't be shy! ;]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...