Wednesday, September 17, 2014

#31DC2014 - Day 17: Glitter

I've been waiting for this day to come!

I picked up Sinful Colors - Decadent a few weeks ago and I've been waiting to use it until today. I layered it over Salon Perfect - Glow Pink. More on that in a minute.

Of course, like a crazy person, I decided to try to cover every nail in glitter. For my non-polish lovers who are wondering why that would be crazy, well let's just say glitter is hard to take off. That's a nice way of putting it haha.
The glitter isn't all that dense so I covered as much as I could and then did a tip gradient.

My aunt bought my cousin and I these glittery birdcages and I think it's probably the most glittery thing I own. Maybe.

I did an experiment with these. I just can't seem to find OPI's peel off base coat, and something like that seemed like a must with these. I remember using Glow Pink for my Halloween 2012 nails and the polish peeled off perfectly. I decided to try using it as a base.

Well it did sort of work. Back in 2012, I wore those nails for a few days before they peeled off in sheets. With so many layers of glitter polish, my nails didn't dry all the way and I wanted to take it off before I got it everywhere. It did peel off, although it was sticky and mushy.

It worked good enough for me though. I got most of it off and then used a bit of polish remover to get all of it. It saved me time and effort for sure.

Long story short? In a pinch try a glow in the dark base for your glitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and usually reply back. Don't be shy! ;]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...