Saturday, September 6, 2014

#31DC2014 - Day 6: Violet Nails

Welcome to Day 6: Violet. Here's the deal: I don't really own any violet polishes. I didn't have much to work with when it came to yellow either. I remember doing some Lakers nails back in the day and to be honest I don't know what the heck I used.

I decided to use Revlon - Facets Of Fuchsia over Wet N' Wild - Black Creme because I remember layering this and getting a really pretty dark purple. You can see pics of when I first posted it here.

I didn't want to do the exact same nails so I tried doing a different technique for gradient tips, using clear polish and mixing it with the black while it was still wet. For some reason I ended up with little swirls of black that looked like smoke. I've never had that happen before and I'm guessing it was because I used quick dry topcoat instead of regular. Either way, I liked the effect so I went with it.


In the light, you can see the purple glitter pop. Outside the light, this looked really dark. I like the vampy look of these for Halloween, and the dark purple is perfect for Fall.

I ended up happy. And on the bright side, the issue I had with Facets Of Fuchsia not covering my tips when I first used it seemed to not be a problem.


What do you think of when you think of purple? Grapes of course! It's the return of the fruit, although I can't think of any way to keep this going for the black & white and metallic days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and usually reply back. Don't be shy! ;]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...